Real Estate Software - ProGold i2 web site: www.progoldi2.com
Real Estate Search Engine - ViewMyListing.com web site: www.viewmylisting.com
Search Local Classifieds – www.viewmylisting.com/buy-sale-trade
Agent Tools web site: real estate agent software
Article ID: 4209
Subject: Unsuccessful Delivery of ViewMyListing.com 9ae Email Notifications
Last Modified: September 9, 2009
Applies to: ViewMyListing.com 9ae
Issue: ViewMyListing.com 9ae sends out three basic types of email notifications that may be delayed or blocked from the recipient due to various email settings. Knowledge of when the emails are sent out and what may cause email blocking can assist with timely email receipt.
ViewMyListing.com 9ae has three main types of email notifications that are sent out at different times:
• Live Emails- usually delivered within 5 minutes
- New Showing
- New Contact Notice
- Agent Welcome Letter
- Seller Welcome Letter
- New Listing on ViewMyListing.com
• Nightly Scheduled Emails- delivery occurs after Midnight
- Showing Response/Showing Feedback
- Agent Marketing Letters/Drip Campaigns
- Event/Appointment Reminders
Cause: Various email settings may cause emails not to be received.
• ViewMyListing.com 9ae will place the word Invalid before an email address if one of the following conditions occur:
- Receiving Party has Reported Email as Spam.
- 3 Unsuccessful Email Delivery Attempts.
- Recipient has clicked the Remove Option at the Bottom of the Company/Agent Marketing Emails.
• Emails may also be prevented from being received by the following conditions:
- Extreme Spam Filters allow only emails from addresses on the recipients friendly list
- Receiving Party Mailbox is Full
- Sending Email Address Does Not have an SPF Record-
(Note: ViewMyListing.com does have an SPF record. Email addresses without an SPF are
typically from Spammers so that you will not know where the email is from.)
- Sending Email Address has an Open Relay
(Note: ViewMyListing.com does not have an Open Relay.)
Resolution: Address the setting that is causing the unsuccessful delivery of the emails.
• Invalid placed before the email address: Verify that the email address is the correct email to use. Replace the email if needed, or the Invalid can be removed from in front of the email address so ViewMyListing.com 9ae will attempt to send emails.
• Spam Filters:
- Earthlink: ViewMyListing.com does not respond to Earthlink’s email request for verification, so the recipient must add firstname.lastname@example.org to their white list.
- AOL with High Security: Lower the security level to medium or add email@example.com and the ViewMyListing.com Administrator’s email to their address book.
- Outlook with High Security: Lower security level.
- Outlook: a rule has deleted or moved the incoming email from the inbox. Add/Modify the rule to allow emails from firstname.lastname@example.org and the ViewMyListing.com Administrator.
• Full Mailbox: have the recipient delete or archive old emails so that new emails can be received.
• No SPF Record: For more information on Reverse SPF:
• Open Relay: - For more information on Open Relay:
Additional Information: Below is a link you can use to get a copy of the latest user guide:
• Select the link
• View and print the Guide.
Related articles: N/A
Keywords: ViewMyListing.com Emails, Unsuccessful Email Delivery, Failure to Deliver, VML, 4209