Real Estate Search Engine - ViewMyListing.com web site: www.viewmylisting.com
Search Local Classifieds – www.viewmylisting.com/buy-sale-trade
Agent Tools web site: real estate agent software
Article ID: 4140
Subject: Import Leads into ViewMyListing.com 9ae with the Import Wizard
Last Modified: September 9, 2008
Applies to: ViewMyListing.com 9ae
Issue: The Contact Import Wizard allows multiple contacts to be brought into ViewMyListing.com 9ae from an outside file. For the contacts to be imported, they must be saved in a CSV (Comma Separated Value), Tab or Bar format, typically done through the export function of the outside program.
Resolution: The following steps describe importing leads. Highly recommend use of field names in the first row of the export file to facilitate mapping the import fields.
• Log into ViewMyListing.com 9ae.
• Select the Contacts Tab and click on the Contact Import Wizard Icon.
• Go to Contacts Tab and select the Contact Import Wizard Icon
- Page 10 in the ViewMyListing.com 9ae user guide contains the detailed import instructions
• Browse for the saved file with the contact information from the outside program.
- Select the appropriate delimiter type from the dropdown- CSV, Tab, or Bar.
- If the file contains header names in the first row, check the box.
• Click Next.
• Use the dropdowns along the left side of the screen to match the appropriate columns in the file with the fields in ViewMyListing.com 9ae
- To view the data located in one of the columns, select a column from the “Export File Field List” and the data will appear in the “Data In” box.
- Select the “Contact Type” as Personal.
- Use the checkboxes to prevent duplicate contact entries by not importing entries with the same phone number and/or email as another contact.
• Click Next.
• Review the list of contacts that are about to be imported into ViewMyListing.com 9ae and make any changes by selecting the “Edit” or “Delete” button next to a contact.
• Click Finish to import the contacts into ViewMyListing.com 9ae.
• The contact will now be available in the Contacts Tab.
References: Page 10 in ViewMyListing.com 9ae User Guide
Below is a link you can use to access Enhancement HelpNet Center resources, which includes the Knowledge Base Article (KBA) Library, Pro Gold XP Documentation, and Training Webcasts:
• The Enhancement HelpNet links are located on the right side of the web page.
Related articles: N/A
Keywords: Contacts, Import Wizard, Leads, Prospects, ViewMyListing.com 9ae, VML, 4140