Real Estate Software - ProGold i2 web site: www.progoldi2.com
Real Estate Search Engine - ViewMyListing.com web site: www.viewmylisting.com
Search Local Classifieds www.viewmylisting.com/buy-sale-trade
Agent Tools web site: real estate agent software
Article ID: 4214
Subject: What is File Maintenance
Last Modified: July 31, 2009
Applies to: Pro Gold i2 3.xx
Purpose: File Maintenance is an option located in the Properties Menu that allows for the deletion of property and contact records. It also updates the status of listing property records to Expired status when the expiration date has passed and the status is Listed. It will delete properties and/or contacts subject to the rules noted below and set the property status to Expired. When the File Maintenance option is selected, these changes will be made together without prompting. Note: Once a record is deleted, it cannot be restored.
Procedure: Actions required to run File Maintenance:
Step 1: Set Contact/Property Status:
- Property Record
Select the property record in Work with Properties and set the status to Deleted.
For more information, refer to Knowledge Base Article 4136
Note: A property will not be deleted if there is any Escrow, Marketing, or Showing activity in the property record
- Contact record
Select the contact record in Contact Manager Professional and set the status to Delete.
For more information, refer to Knowledge Base Article 4142
Note: A contact will not be deleted if the contact record is linked to a property via the Buyer/Seller Tab
- Note: Pro Gold will set a property record to Expired when the expiration date has passed and the current status is Listed (This change only occurs when File Maintenance is run)
Step 2: How to Run File Maintenance:
- Note: When File Maintenance is run, it will delete contact and property records per rules above and set properties to status Expired at the same time without any prompting (Once a record is deleted, it cannot be restored)
- At Main Menu, select the Transactions option
- Select File Maintenance icon
- Verify the date displayed is todays date, if it is, select Yes
- Select Yes to the Sync to VML prompt
- System will display a Maintenance Complete screen with results how many Contact and Property records were deleted, if any records failed to delete, and how many properties were set to Expired
- Click the OK button to close the screen
- Note: Use the Property Inventory Report to monitor for properties about to expire
References: Below is a link you can use to access Enhancement HelpNet Center resources, which includes the Knowledge Base Article (KBA) Library, Pro Gold i2 Documentation, and Training Webcasts:
The Enhancement HelpNet links are located on the right side of the web page.
Related articles: N/A
Keywords: Prospect, Maintain, Expire, File Maintenance, Delete Property, 4214