Real Estate Software - ProGold i2 web site: www.progoldi2.com
Real Estate Search Engine - ViewMyListing.com web site: www.viewmylisting.com
Search Local Classifieds – www.viewmylisting.com/buy-sale-trade
Agent Tools web site: real estate agent software
Article ID: 4204
Subject: Creating Back Up for Pro Gold XP 2.0
Last Modified: August 18, 2009
Applies to: Pro Gold XP 2.0
Issue: The database stores all of the information that is entered into Pro Gold XP. Therefore, to prevent the loss of critical information, it is very important to backup the database regularly. It is highly recommended this backup be performed at least once a week, but ideally once a day.
Resolution: The steps to install perform the backup are listed below.
• Run a backup of the Pro Gold XP database.
- Select the Setup Tab.
- Click on the “Backup Data File” icon.
- Select a “Backup Location”.
• Local: This option saves the file locally.
° Enter the location where the backup file is to be saved in the “Backup Path” field.
° The default setting is the C:\Pro Gold Archive, but another location can be selected.
° Can enter a flash drive and backup directly to it, backup to local disk and then copy/transfer file to flash drive, or burn to a CD.
• FTP Site: This option saves the backup file on an FTP site that you specify.
° Enter the FTP address in the “Backup URL” field.
• Note: The option to backup the database to “Taro Systems FTP” can only be done at the request of Taro Systems. Do not select this option unless asked to do so by Taro Systems.
- The “Save As” field will show the name that the backup file will be saved under.
• The name automatically defaults to the current date (e.g., 07/28/08.mdb).
• If a different name is desired, manual changes can be made.
- Click “Backup” to create the backup of the data file.
- A message will appear when the backup is complete. Click “Ok”.
References: Below is a link you can use to access Enhancement HelpNet Center resources, which includes the Knowledge Base Article (KBA) Library, Pro Gold Documentation, and Training Webcasts:
• The Enhancement HelpNet links are located on the right side of the web page.
Keywords: Back up, Database, Data base, Save, 2.0, 4204