Real Estate Software - ProGold i2 web site: www.progoldi2.com
Real Estate Search Engine - ViewMyListing.com web site: www.viewmylisting.com
Search Local Classifieds – www.viewmylisting.com/buy-sale-trade
Agent Tools web site: real estate agent software
Article ID: 4196
Subject: Why Items will not post to the General Ledger (G/L)
Last Modified: July 21, 2009
Applies to: Pro Gold i2 2.0, 3.0
Issue: Items entered into Pro Gold i2 will not post to the General Ledger. When transactions are entered into Pro Gold i2, they are posted to the General Ledger through the Batch Posting screen. Pro Gold i2 will not post the entry if certain criteria are not met. Conditions that will prevent an item from posting to the General Ledger (G/L) are listed below.
Cause: This failure to post may occur when any of the following conditions are true:
• A G/L account has not been assigned to the transaction.
• Overall amount of the transaction does not match the G/L amount.
• Transaction has no amount (i.e. Transaction amount is $0.00)
Resolution: Actions to correct posting issues:
• Verify that a G/L account has been assigned to the transaction.
• Verify the total amount of the transaction matches the amount(s) allocated to the G/L account(s).
- Note: This is especially important when a transaction is posted to more than one G/L account.
• Transactions with no amount listed will not post to the G/L. Change the amount to be greater than $0.00.
- Note: In the case of a check that has no amount, the Void option satisfies the posting requirement.
References: Below is a link you can use to access Enhancement HelpNet Center resources, which includes the Knowledge Base Article (KBA) Library, Pro Gold i2 Documentation, and Training Webcasts:
• The Enhancement HelpNet links are located on the right side of the web page.
Related articles: N/A
Keywords: Post, General Ledger, G/L, Not Posting, 4196