Real Estate Search Engine - ViewMyListing.com web site: www.viewmylisting.com
Search Local Classifieds www.viewmylisting.com/buy-sale-trade
Agent Tools web site: real estate agent software
Article ID: 4153
Subject: Agent 1099 Printing in Pro Gold XP 2.0
Last Modified: January 2, 2009
Applies to: Pro Gold XP 2.0
Issue: Agent 1099 Forms can be printed from Pro Gold XP if the commission was processed and 1099 records kept in Pro Gold.
Resolution: Before the 1099 Forms are printed, reports are run to verify the 1099 information and ensure that the appropriate transactions for each agent appear in the 1099 totals.
Note: The 1099 amounts do not print on the agent commission checks or check stubs so there is nothing that needs to be reset at the beginning of a new year. However, Comm. Level appears on the check stub. This amount pertains to the commission plan and date range of the plan for the agent. This information is not tied to 1099 reporting.
1099 data is colleted from closed properties with a date during the time specified. A property must have a closed date during the specified time frame and an agent selected with a 1099 amount to appear.
Reports: There are several reports in the Payroll Reports category that are used to verify the 1099 data.
- Invalid 1099 Property Report: Prints closed property records that are missing the closing date, a 1099 record or the 1099 record has a 0 value.
- 1099 Report Detail: Prints 1099 transactions for each agent by property ID for the period selected.
Transactions are sorted by property address.
The property must be closed and have a valid 1099 record to appear on the report.
Compare to the Closed Business Report, Format 1 to verify closings and 1099 transactions.
- 1099 Summary: Prints 1099 totals for each agent for the period selected.
Properties must be closed and have a valid 1099 record.
Compare to the Closed Business Report, Format 1 to verify closings and 1099 totals.
Adjustments: If a 1099 amount needs to be adjusted, this can be done within the properties area.
- In the Properties Menu, select Work with Properties and retrieve the property that needs alteration.
- Select the Agent tab at the top of the screen.
- Unlock the property by clicking on the Unlock icon in the upper right area of the screen and edit the 1099 amount for the property.
- Click Save to save the changes and Done to close the property.
- Re-run the 1099 reports to verify the change(s).
Printing 1099 Form: Prints 1099 misc. data onto pre-printed Laser 1099 Misc. Forms (2 per page).
- Select Payroll Reports and click on the Agent 1099 Form report.
- Select a specific agent or All from the Criteria Selection area.
- Select the appropriate date range and Preview the report.
- Load the Laser 1099 Misc. Forms into the printer and select the p key on the keyboard to bring up the printer dialog box.
- Before printing the 1099 Misc. Forms, change the paper size of your printer settings to legal (even through the forms are 8 ½ x 11 size). This can be done by selecting your printer properties.
- Multiple copies can be printed by repeating the steps.
References: Below is a link you can use to access Enhancement HelpNet Center resources, which includes the Knowledge Base Article (KBA) Library, Pro Gold XP Documentation, and Training Webcasts:
The Enhancement HelpNet links are located on the right side of the web page.
Keywords: 1099 Printing, Agent Earnings, Reporting, Taxes, End of Year, Requirements, 4153