Real Estate Search Engine - ViewMyListing.com web site: www.viewmylisting.com
Search Local Classifieds www.viewmylisting.com/buy-sale-trade
Agent Tools web site: real estate agent software
Article ID: 4152
Subject: Agent 1099 Requirements and Printing in Pro Gold i2 3.0
Last Modified: December 11, 2009
Applies to: Pro Gold i2 3.xx
Issue: Print agent 1099 Forms if the commission processing and 1099 records were generated in Pro Gold i2.
Resolution: 1099 information should be verified before the 1099 Forms are printed. There are several reports you can use to ensure that the appropriate transactions for each agent appear in the 1099 totals.
Note: 1099 amounts do not print on agent commission checks/check stubs so nothing needs to be reset at the beginning of a new year. However, Commission Level appears on the check stub. This pertains to the commission plan and plan date range for the agent and is not tied to 1099 reporting.
1099 data is collected from closed properties with a closed date during the time specified. A property must have a closed date during the time frame and an agent selected with a 1099 amount to appear on the report.
Reports: There are several reports under Main Menu => Accounting => Employees => Payroll Reports icon that are used to verify the 1099 data and print the actual 1099 forms.
- 1099 Report Detail: Prints 1099 transactions for each agent by property ID for the period selected.
Transactions are sorted by property address.
The property must be closed and have a valid 1099 record to appear on the report.
Compare to the Closed Business Report, Format 1 to verify closings and 1099 transactions.
- 1099 Summary: Prints 1099 totals for each agent for the period selected.
Properties must be closed and have a valid 1099 record.
Compare to Closed Business Report Detail (format 1) to verify closings and 1099 totals.
- Unreported Agent 1099 Data Report: Only appears if there is an invalid record detected when the Agent 1099 Report Detail is run and closed.
Reflects properties that have a 1099 amount shown and are not closed.
Reflects properties that have a closed date, but are not closed
Verify the properties displayed and ensure the information is accurately recorded.
Adjustments: If a 1099 amount needs to be adjusted, this can be done within the properties area
- In the Transactions Menu, select the Work with Properties icon and retrieve the property that needs alteration
- Select the Agent Tab at the top of the screen (Use scroll bar to scroll to the 1099 amount field)
- Unlock the property by clicking on the Unlock icon in the upper right area of the screen and edit the 1099 amount for the property
- Click the Save button to save the changes and re-close the property
- Select the Done button to exit the property area
- Re-run the 1099 reports to verify the change(s)
Printing 1099 Form: Prints 1099 misc. data onto pre-printed laser 1099 Misc. Forms (2 per page)
- Select Payroll Reports and click on the Agent 1099 Form report
- Select a specific agent or All from the Criteria Selection area
- Select the appropriate date range and Preview the report
- Load Laser 1099 Misc Forms into the printer and select p on the keyboard to see the printer dialog
- Before printing the 1099 Misc. Forms, change the paper size of your printer settings to legal (even through the forms are 8 ½ x 11 size). This can be done by selecting your printer properties
- Multiple copies can be printed by repeating the steps
- Note: The pre-printed laser forms can obtained from any office supply store
- For more information on IRS reporting, use these convenient links:
References: Below is a link you can use to access Enhancement HelpNet Center resources, which includes the Knowledge Base Article (KBA) Library, Pro Gold i2 Documentation, and Training Webcasts:
The Enhancement HelpNet links are located on the right side of the web page.
Keywords: 1099 Printing, Agent Earnings, Reporting, End of Year, Taxes, Requirements, 4152