Real Estate Search Engine - ViewMyListing.com web site: www.viewmylisting.com
Search Local Classifieds – www.viewmylisting.com/buy-sale-trade
Agent Tools web site: real estate agent software
Article ID: 4067
Subject: “Waiting for Pro Gold to Close” Message When Updating Pro Gold XP
Last Modified: November 20, 2007
Applies to: Pro Gold XP 2.0
Issue: When downloading or installing a new version of Pro Gold XP, all other users must be out of Pro Gold XP. If there is another person logged into Pro Gold XP, then the “Waiting for Pro Gold to Close” message will appear and will not resume the install of the new update until all users are out of Pro Gold. If it cannot be determined who is still in Pro Gold XP or all users have exited and the message still remains, then the Pro Gold XP processes and locking file will have to be manually terminated.
Resolution: Below are the steps to end the process of other Pro Gold XP users and delete the locking file.
• Close the “Waiting for Pro Gold to Close” message and make sure Pro Gold XP is closed.
• Open the Task Manager and end the MSAccess.exe process for other users.
- Select “Ctrl-Alt-Delete” on the keyboard and select the Task Manager option.
• For those with Terminal Server, go into the Start Menu, select “Run” and type in “taskmgr”.
- In the Task Manager, select the “Processes” tab.
- Check the box in the bottom right corner to “Show Processes from all Users”.
- Locate the “MSAccess.exe” process for any user.
- Highlight the process and click “End Process”.
- Verify that no other users have an “MSAccess.exe” process running.
• Delete the .LDB file.
- Locate the location of the Pro Gold XP database.
• If the location is unknown, sign into Pro Gold XP and look in the bottom, right corner of the screen to the pathway that shows where the database is stored.
• Exit Pro Gold XP and browse to the location of the database.
• Locate the file “Pro_Data.ldb”.
• Right click on the file and select delete.
• Update Pro Gold.
- Sign into Pro Gold XP.
- In the Setup Tab, select Download Live Update.
- Click Continue and wait for the download
References: Below is a link you can use to access Enhancement HelpNet Center resources, which includes the Knowledge Base Article (KBA) Library, Pro Gold XP Documentation, and Training Webcasts:
• The Enhancement HelpNet links are located on the right side of the web page.
Related articles: N/A
Keywords: Download Live Update, Close, Install Update, Error, Waiting to Close, 4067