Real Estate Search Engine - ViewMyListing.com web site: www.viewmylisting.com
Search Local Classifieds – www.viewmylisting.com/buy-sale-trade
Agent Tools web site: www.viewmylisting9ae.com
Article ID: 4063
Subject: How to Install Pro Gold XP with a CD version of 2.05 or less
or when receiving the “Install NT Service Pack 6” error
Last Modified: February 1, 2008
Applies to: Pro Gold XP 2.0
Issue: The setup of Pro Gold XP onto a new computer requires two steps. The installation of the program on the computer occurs first and then the program will need to be linked to the Pro Gold XP database. In order to install Pro Gold XP onto a computer, an installation CD must be available. If a CD cannot be located, contact Taro Systems at 888-200-9315 for a replacement. If the installation CD is 2.05 or less or after installing, there is an “Install NT Service Pack 6” error, the follow the instructions below.
Resolution: The steps to install Pro Gold XP and link to an existing database are listed below:
• Pro Gold XP requires access to Taro Systems, Inc. server in order to operate correctly and perform updates. In some cases, the ports required to access Taro Systems, Inc. server are blocked by a router or firewall. Ensure that the following ports are not being blocked (this may require the help of your computer tech):
- Outbound TCP port 21 (used for FTP Communication)
- Outbound TCP port 5500-6500 (used for FTP Data Transfer)
- Outbound TCP port 1433 (used for SQL Server Communication)
• Determine the computer for installation
- Close all open applications and insert the Pro Gold XP installation CD
• Open My Computer and located the drive where the CD is loaded.
• Right Click on the drive and select Copy.
• Right Click on the desktop and select Paste. The files from the CD will be copied into a folder on the desktop named Pro_Gold_XP. This may take a few minutes to complete.
• Click on the following link to download a new Pro Gold XP cabinet file:
- Click “Save” when prompted and browse to the location of the Pro_Gold_XP CD file on your desktop.
- Click “Yes” to replace the existing cabinet file.
• Install Pro Gold XP
- Open the Pro_Gold_XP folder that is saved on your desktop.
- Double-click on the Setup.exe file.
- The setup window will display and then disappear
- On the Pro Gold XP Setup Welcome window, click “Ok”
- On the Pro Gold XP Setup Installation window, click on the computer icon to continue
- The Access Runtime will install and may take a minute to complete before the window disappears
- On the Pro Gold XP – Choose Program Group window, click on “Continue”
- The Pro Gold XP Setup window will display with the destination file progress and disappear
• If any Version Conflict screens appears click “Yes”
- On the Pro Gold XP Setup Completion screen, click “Ok”
- The Installation Menu will reappear.
• Close the menu and remove the CD
• Link to the Pro Gold XP database. Note: The path to where the database is saved must be known and be accessible to the computer that Pro Gold XP was just installed on. If the database path is not known, then go to a computer that already has Pro Gold installed and log in. IN the bottom right corner of the screen is a path that shows where the database is located.
- Locate the Pro Gold option under the Start Menu -> All Programs
- Click on Pro Gold XP to start the program
- The No Database Found screen will appear
• Use the Browse button to locate the Pro Gold XP database
• Manually Enter the path of the Pro Gold XP database
• Click “Ok”
- Depending on the version of the database, a “There is a newer version of Pro Gold 2002 available. Do you wish to install it now?” message may appear. Click “Yes”
- The Pro Gold XP login screen will appear
• Login to Pro Gold XP
References: Below is a link you can use to access Enhancement HelpNet Center resources, which includes the Knowledge Base Article (KBA) Library, Pro Gold XP Documentation, and Training Webcasts:
• The Enhancement HelpNet links are located on the right side of the web page.
Keywords: Installation, Windows NT Service Pack 6 error, New Install, Version 2.05, 2.0, 4063